Assessment within Academic Programs
LBC has established a set of Core Knowledge & Skills Goals to serve as a means of measuring the individual student’s accomplishment of LBC’s mission. Each Core Knowledge and Skill addresses an area of education which is essential in preparing a Christian student to think and live according to a biblical worldview and to proclaim Christ by serving Him in the Church and society. The following are LBC’s Core Knowledge & Skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in knowing, interpreting, integrating, and applying the Scriptures.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and proficiency in acquiring, evaluating, communicating, and applying information.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of and compassion toward cultures of the world.
- Develop the principles necessary for a biblical worldview resulting in a dynamic understanding of one’s role in relation to God, self, and the world.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of the knowledge and skills necessary for serving Christ in the Church and society.